Description of government structure:
- Chief of State: Queen ELIZABETH II*
- Head of Government: Prime Minister Dean BARROW
- Assembly: Belize has a bicameral National Assembly consisting of the Senate with 12 seats and the House of Representatives with 31 seats.
Description of electoral system:
- The Queen is hereditary.
- The Prime Minister is appointed by the governor-general.
- In the Senate, the 12 members are appointed by the governor-general to serve 5-year terms. In the House of Representatives, the 31 members are elected by plurality vote in single-member constituencies to serve 5-year terms.