At Stake in this Election:
- All 150 seats in Uzbekistan’s Legislative Chamber (Qonunchilik Palatasi)
- Chief of State: President Shavkat MIRZIYOYEV (since 17 May 2018)
- Head of Government: Prime Minister Abdulla Nigʻmatovich ORIPOV (since 14 December 2016)
- Assembly: Uzbekistan has a bicameral Supreme Assembly (Oliy Majlis) consisting of the Senate with 100 seats and the Legislative Chamber (Qonunchilik Palatasi) with 150 seats.
- The President is elected by a popular vote to serve a 5-year term.
- The Prime Minister is appointed by the President, “approved” by parliament.
- In the Senate, 84 members are elected by regional governing councils to serve 5-year terms and 16 members are appointed by the president.
- In the Legislative Chamber, all 150 seats are elected by absolute majority vote in single-member constituencies to serve 5-year terms.*
** At least 33% of the electorate must turnout in each constituency for the election in that constituency to be a valid. If this does not happen a run off between the top two candidates is held. This also happens if no candidate receives an absolute majority in the first round.
Main Parties in this Election:
- Milliy Tiklanish Democratic Party of Uzbekistan (National Revival)
- Leader: N/A
- Seats won in last election: 36
- Liberal Democratic Party of Uzbekistan / O’zbekiston Liberal-Demokratik Partiyasi (LDPU) or (UzLiDeP)
- Leader: Abdulla ARIPOV
- Seats won in last election: 52
- People’s Democratic Party of Uzbekistan / Xalq Demokratik Partiyas (NDP) or (PDPU) *
- Leader: Hotamzhon KETMONOV
- Seats won in last election: 27
- Ecological Movement of Uzbekistan / O'zbekiston Ekologik Harakati (EMU)
- Leader: Boriy ALIKHANOV
- Seats won in last election: 15
- Justice Social Democratic Party of Uzbekistan (Adolat)
- Leader: Narimon UMAROV
- Seats won in last election: 20
Population and Registered Voters:
- Female Population: 16,532,000 (2019 est.)
- Is Uzbekistan a signatory to CEDAW: No
- Has Uzbekistan ratified CEDAW: Yes (19 July 1995)
- Gender Quota: Yes
- Female Candidates in this election:
- Number of Female Legislators: 24 (16%)
- Human Development Index (HDI) Position: 105
- Social Institutions and Gender Index (SIGI) Categorization: N/A
- Is Uzbekistan a signatory to CRPD: Yes (27 February 2009)
- Has Uzbekistan ratified CRPD: No
- Estimated population with a disability: 4,379,991