Elections Held Amid COVID-19
April 15, 2020, 12:53 p.m.
Shaded countries represent those in which an election has been held amid COVID-19.
Please note, this is not a comprehensive list of all elections impacted by COVID-19. IFES will be regularly updating this list as elections news breaks.
- Israel: Parliamentary elections held March 2, 2020
- Taiwan: Kuomintang Chairperson elections held March 7, 2020
- France: Local elections held March 15, 2020
- Germany: Local elections in Bavaria held on March 15, 2020
- Moldova: Local elections in Hâncești held on March 15, 2020
- Dominican Republic: Municipal elections held on March 15, 2020
- United States: Presidential primary elections in Arizona, Florida, and Illinois held on March 17, 2020
- Vanuatu: General elections held on March 19, 2020
- Zimbabwe: Municipal elections held in Chegutu Ward 2, Chimanimani Rural District Council (RDC) Ward 16, and Mangwe RDC Ward 17 between March 14, 2020 - March 22, 2020
- Poland: By-elections held on March 22, 2020
- Guinea: Constitutional referendum held on March 22, 2020
- Canada: Shoal Lake 39 Council elections held on March 26, 2020
- Mali: General elections held on March 29, 2020
- Australia: Local elections in Queenstown held on March 29, 2020
- Switzerland: Local elections in Luzern held on March 29, 2020
- United States: Presidential primary elections held in Wisconson on April 7, 2020
- South Korea: Legislative elections held on April 15, 2020