At Stake in this Election:
- The office of President of Croatia.
- Chief of State: President Kolinda GRABAR-KITAROVIĆ (since 19 February 2015)
- Head of Government: Prime Minister Andrej PLENKOVIĆ (since 19 October 2016)
- Assembly: Croatia has a unicameral Assembly (Sabor) with 151 seats.
- The President is elected by absolute majority ( if elected in first round) or by relative majority vote (if elected in second round) to serve a 5-year term.
- The aspiring Prime Minister is granted mandate by the President to nominate ministers who all need to be approved by the assembly.
- 140 members are elected through a proportional representation system to serve 4-year terms, 8 members are elected by simple majority vote to serve 4-year terms and 3 members are elected through a proportional representation system to serve 4-year terms.*
* The seat share apportioned to diaspora voters is three, eight seats are reserved to 22 recognized minorities. The remaining seats are elected in 10 electoral units, 14 members each.
- Zoran MILANOVIĆ and Kolinda GRABAR-KITAROVIĆ received 29.55% and 26.65% of the vote, respectively, in the first round.
Candidates in this Election:
- Candidate: Kolinda GRABAR-KITAROVIĆ
- Party: Croatian Democratic Union, Bandić Milan 365 party of Work and Solidarity, Croatian Party of Rights dr. Ante Starčević, Croatian Demochristian Party
- Candidate: Zoran MILANOVIĆ
- Party: Social Democratic Party, Croatian Peasant Party, Istrian Democratic Assembly, Croatian Party of Pensioners, People’s Party-Reformists, Democrats, Civil-Liberal Alliance, Primorje-Gorski Kotar Alliance, Party of People’s and Civic Activism, Croatian Labour- Work Party- Labour, Party of Pensioners, Međimurje Democratic Alliance, Green Alliance
Population and Registered Voters:
- Female Population: 2,140,000 (2019 est.)
- Is Croatia a signatory to CEDAW: No
- Has Croatia ratified CEDAW: Yes (9 September 1992)
- Gender Quota: Yes
- Female Candidates in this election: 3
- Number of Female Legislators: 31 (21%)
- Human Development Index (HDI) Position: 46
- Social Institutions and Gender Index (SIGI) Categorization: Very low
- Is Croatia a signatory to CRPD: Yes (30 March 2007)
- Has Croatia ratified CRPD: Yes (15 August 2007)
- Estimated population with a disability: 669,727