At Stake in this Election:
- The office of President of Kazakhstan
- Chief of State: Interim President Kassym-Jomart TOKAYEV
- Head of Government: Prime Minister Askar MAMIN
- Assembly: Kazakhstan has a bicameral Parliament consisting of the Senate with 39 seats and the House of Representatives (Mazhilis) with 107 seats.
- The President is elected by simple majority vote to serve a 5-year term. If no candidate receives more than 50 percent of the votes cast, a second round is held between the two candidates with the most votes.
Main Candidates in this Election:*
- Kassym-Jomart TOKAYEV
- Party: Fatherland Party / Nur Otan
- Sabydek TUGEL
- Party: Eagles of the Great Steppe / Uly Dala Kyrandary
- Toleutai RAKHMIBEKOV
- Party: Village / Auyl
- Daniya YESPAYEVA
- Party: Shining Path / Ak Zhol
- Amangeldy TASPIKHOV
- Party: Federation of Trade Unions of Kazakhstan
- Mazhilisman Zhambyl AKHMETBEKOV
- Party: Communist People’s Party of Kazakhstan
- Amirzhan KOSANOV
- Party: Fate of the Nation / Ult Tagydyry
* The only Kazakh opposition party, the Nationwide Social Democratic Party (ZhSDP), is boycotting this election.
Population and Registered Voters:
- Population: 18,592,970 (2019 est.)
- Registered Voters: 11,814,019
- Female Population: 9,588,340 (2019 est.)
- Is Kazakhstan a signatory to CEDAW: N/A
- Has Kazakhstan ratified CEDAW: Yes (26 August 1998).
- Gender Quota: No
- Female Candidates in this election: Yes
- Number of Female Legislators: 29 of 107 seats (27.1%) in the House of Representatives; 5 of 47 seats (10.6%) in the Senate
- Human Development Index (HDI) Position: 58 (2018)
- Social Institutions and Gender Index (SIGI) Categorization: Low (2019)
- Is Kazakhstan a signatory to CRPD: Yes (11 December 2008).
- Has Kazakhstan ratified CRPD: Yes (21 April 2015)
- Estimated population with a disability: 2,723,568 (est.)