Note: The registered voters figure is from 2017, and will be updated as soon as possible.
At stake in this Referendum:
- Whether to hold a Constitutional Convention
- Chief of State: President Peter M. CHRISTIAN
- Head of Government: President Peter M. CHRISTIAN
- Assembly: Micronesia has a unicameral congress with 14 seats
- For the referendum to pass, it must receive at least 75% of the votes in at least three of the four states.
About the Referendum:
- Voters will decide whether Micronesia should hold a Constitutional Convention.
Population and Registered Voters:
- Population: 106983 (2019 est.)
- Registered Voters: 65,943 (2017)
- Female Population: 52,116 (2019 est.)
- Is Micronesia a signatory to CEDAW: No
- Has Micronesia ratified CEDAW: Yes, accession (1 September 2004)
- Gender Quota: No
- Female candidates in this election:
- Number of Female Parliamentarians: 0
- Human Development Index Position: 131 (2018)
- Social Institutions and Gender Index (SIGI) Categorization: N/A
- Is Micronesia a signatory to CRPD: Yes (23 September 2011)
- Has Micronesia ratified CRPD: No
- Population with a disability: 15,782 (est.)