At Stake in this Election:
- 19 seats in Parliament
- Chief of State: President Baron WAQA
- Head of Government: President Baron WAQA
- Assembly: Nauru has a unicameral Parliament composed of 19 seats with members serving 3-year terms.
- Members of Parliament are directly elected in multi-seat constituencies by majority vote.
Main Parties in this Election:
- Nauru First Party
- Democratic Party of Nauru
- The Centre Party
Note: Political parties exist in Nauru, but most candidates run as independents for elections.
Population and Registered Voters:
- Population: 9,692 (2018est.)
- Registered Voters: 7,843 (2016)
- Female Population: 5,143 (2018 est.)
- Is Nauru a signatory to CEDAW: No
- Has Nauru ratified CEDAW: Yes, accession (23 June 2011)
- Gender Quota: No
- Female candidates in this election: Yes
- Number of Female Parliamentarians: 2 (10.5%)
- Human Development Index Position: N/A
- Social Institutions and Gender Index (SIGI) Categorization: N/A
- Is Nauru a signatory to CRPD: No
- Has Nauru ratified CRPD: Yes, accession (27 June 2012)
- Population with a disability: 1,431 (est.)
 The public elects the MPs in their respective constituencies; the 19 MPs elect a President; and the President elects his Cabinet.
 A list of candidates running can be found here: https://www.election.com.nr/2019/08/15/2019-general-election-candidates/