At Stake in this Election:
- The office of the President of North Macedonia
- Chief of State: President Gjorge IVANOV*
- Head of Government: Prime Minister Zoran ZAEV
- Assembly: Macedonia has a unicameral Assembly (Sobranie) with 120 seats.
* Current President Gjorge IVANOV is ineligible for re-election because he has served the maximum two terms.
- The President is elected by absolute majority vote through a two-round system to serve up to two 5-year terms. If no candidate receives a majority of the votes cast, a runoff is held between the two candidates with the most votes. The results of the runoff are valid if at least 40 percent of registered voters vote.
Main Candidates in this Election:*
- Blerim REKA
- Supported by: Alliance of Albanans ((Aleanca për Shqiptarët) and Besa
- Gordana SILJANOVSKA-DAVKOVA
- Stevo PENDAROVSKI
* The candidates are listed here in the order in which they are listed on the voting ballot.
** Stevo PENDAROVSKI is also supported by the SDSM’s coalition of thirty parties.
Population and Registered Voters:
- Population: 2,086,720 (2019 est.)
- Registered Voters: 1,808,131
- Female Population: 1,043,719 (2019 est.)
- Is Macedonia a signatory to CEDAW: N/A
- Has Macedonia ratified CEDAW: Yes, succession (18 January 1994)
- Gender Quota: Yes
- Female candidates in this election: Yes
- Number of Female Parliamentarians: 46 (38.3%) of 120 in the Assembly
- Human Development Index Position: 80 (2018)
- Social Institutions and Gender Index (SIGI) Categorization: Very Low (2019)
- Is Macedonia a signatory to CRPD: Yes (30 March 2007)
- Has Macedonia ratified CRPD: Yes (29 December 2011)
- Population with a disability: 314,402 (est.)