*Note: Results section includes only those candidates who were elected to Parliament. Enele Sopoaga, Elisala Piita, and Namoloki S. Neemia were elected unopposed.
At stake in this election:
- 15 seats in the Parliament (Fale I Fono)
Description of government structure:
- Chief of State: Queen ELIZABETH II *
- Head of Government: Prime Minister Enele SOPOAGA
- Assembly: Tuvalu has a unicameral Parliament (Fale I Fono) with 15 seats.
* The Queen is represented by Governor General Iakoba ITALELI
Description of electoral system:
- The Queen is hereditary.
- The Prime Minister is elected by parliament.
- In the Parliament (Fale I Fono) 15 members are elected by plurality vote in multi-member constituencies to serve 4-year terms.***
*** There are seven districts with two members and one single-member constituency corresponding to the remaining inhabited islands
Main Candidates in the Presidential race/Main parties in the electoral race:
- Independent(s): Independents*
* There are no formal political parties in Tuvalu
Population and number of registered voters:
- Female Population: 5,467 (2014 est.)
- Is Tuvalu a signatory to CEDAW: N/A
- Has Tuvalu ratified CEDAW: Yes (6 October 1999)
- Gender Quota: N/A
- Female Candidates in this election: Yes
- Number of Female Legislators: 1 (7%) of 15 seats
- Human Development Index (HDI) Position: N/A
- Social Institutions and Gender Index (SIGI) Categorization: N/A
- Is Tuvalu a signatory to CRPD: N/A
- Has Tuvalu ratified CRPD: Yes (18 December 2013)